1. Sunscreen - I'm really trying to be a stickler for sunscreen, especially when it comes to my face. Lately I've been loving this roll-on sunscreen that looks like a stick of deodorant. It goes on really clean and blends into my skin without feel heavy. Something else I've learned, that your hair also needs sun protection. A friend also suggested I try this Brush on Broad Spectrum sunscreen, which is literally a bronzer brush that has mineral powder sunscreen to keep you protected when you don't necessarily have a bottle of sunblock on you. Very intriguing. I'm also very into this Coola Makeup Setting Spray with SPF 30 - for those of us who like to wear a little makeup to the beach (I know you're out there.)
2. Beach Blanket - I have a serious bias toward the colorful Las Bayadas beach blankets. They're lightweight, easy to wash, and more importantly, colorful. I got mine from the Waiting On Martha Shop. Here are some other colors:
3. Sunnies - I'm not typically someone who owns more than 2 pair of sunglasses at a time. When I like something, I want to wear it all the time and I want be able to wear it with whatever. This is no exception when it comes to sunglasses. After what honestly felt like years of searching for the perfect pair, I finally found this pair of Ray Bans. When I say these look good on everyone, I really mean it. My guy friends have worn these, and even 6 of my best friends tried them on, all with different complexions, hair color, face shape, etc. and they looked great on everyone. I think I may have found the Traveling Pants of sunglasses.
4. Cover Up - Cover ups are a great way to keep clothing light and easy at the beach. Lightweight linen coverups are breathable and easy to dry. What I didn't know is that there are a lot of great companies that make coverups that have sun protection built in. Take Cabana Life for example, all of their items have built in sun protection. I own this Moroccan tile printed tunic in blue and absolutely love the look and the feel. Best part, it blocks 98% of UV rays.
5. Swimsuit (Duh) - Do we need to discuss in detail? Prob not, so here are just a few swim suits I'm laaaaaahving. Also, here's the first one-piece I've owned in about 14 years and it's the softest, most flattering suit ever.
6. Drinks on the Go - Finding the perfect and more importantly, portable drink for the beach is v. important. So when Seagram's sent me their new line of Escapes drinks, I immediately saw myself bringing them to the beach with me.
7. Sandals - I've become a woman obsessed with Madewell's sandals. If I could have a pair in every color, I obviously would. These are also a great option (I wear them almost every day.)
8. Water Bottle - I got my first S'well water bottle a few years ago and have since been hooked. If you haven't used one yet and have only heard the hype, believe it. 100% This bottle keeps my water cold in spite of how hot its surroundings are. I'm sure you can only imagine how crazy I went over this collaboration that S'well did with my favorite photographer, Gray Malin.
9. Light Reading - So I'm pretty bad at sitting still, especially at the beach. I've never really been able to nap or read at the beach but it's definitely something I could improve on. A few light reads that I've enjoyed lately include: The Girls, Men Explain Things to Me, The Interestings, and I Take You.
10. Beach Bag - My friend recently started her own company and these Bodnar bags are some of my favorites for summer. As a larger bag, a highly recommend this straw tote. And my other favorite, SCOUT bags. I take this big bag everywhere, the grocery store, weekends away, and yes, the beach.
Where are you all traveling this Labor Day Weekend? I can't believe it's already (almost) September. Eek.